Domaine du Haut Bourg
Located in the heart of the Appellation, Muscadet Côtes de Grandlieu, the Domaine du Haut Bourg was established by the Choblet family four generations ago. The first vines were planted in 1945, and today the total area of the vineyard has grown to 42 hectares.
The grape varieties of the domain :
- Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet) 22.20 hectares
- Folle blanche (Gros Plant) 4.90 hectares
- Grolleau Gris (white) 1.60 hectare
- Sauvignon (white) 4.20hectares
- Grolleau (rose) 2.30 hectares
- Gamay (red) 5.30 hectares
- Merlot (red 1.10 hectares
- Cabernet (red) 1.00 hectare
The vineyard is located in the town of Bouaye. The soil mainly consists of micaschiste, granite and sand. It gives good balance and richness to the wines. The Lac de Grandlieu (south), the Loire river (north) and the low altitude (from 15 to 25 metres) has created a microclimate characterized by small differences between day time and night time temperatures. This phenomenon enables an early harvest.